(800) 458-2541 (Toll Free)
|location||Chapel Hill Office|
Hank graduated from the University of North Carolina in 1963 and from UNC Law School in 1966, where he was elected to the Order of the Coif. Before entering private practice, he served as law clerk to the Honorable J. Braxton Craven, Jr., of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and worked as an attorney in Region 11 of the National Labor Relations Board.
He has served on legislative study commissions and as Chair of the Workers’ Rights Section of the North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, Co-Chair of the North Carolina Bar Association’s Workers’ Compensation Committee, and member of the Advisory Council to the Chair of the North Carolina Industrial Commission. Hank is a Board Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation Law. His practice is limited to the areas of workers’ compensation, labor and employment, and disability entitlements.
Read about Hank’s recent activities on our blog.
Areas of Practice:
- Workers’ Compensation
- Disability Entitlements
- Board Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation Law
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 1966 J.D.
Honors: Order of the Coif
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, 1963 A.B.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Committee, Section of Labor and Employment Law – Past Union-Employee Co-Chair
- N.C. Academy of Trial Lawyers, Workers’ Rights Section – Past Chair
- N.C. Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Committee, Litigation Section – Past Co-Chair
- N.C. Industrial Commission – Past Member of Advisory Council
- College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers – Fellow
- National Academy of Social Insurance – Member
Past Employment Positions:
- Law Clerk, Honorable J. Braxton Craven, Jr., U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 1966-1967
- Attorney, Region 11, National Labor Relations Board, 1967 – 1969